Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
Chances you miss…
Jack Canfield, born August 19, 1944. He is an American author and motivational speaker. He is the co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series. which has more than 250 titles and 500 million copies in print in over 40 languages. In 2005 Canfield co-authored with Janet Switzer The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.[
A Life Changing Quote
“Each day is an adventure in discovering the meaning of life. It is each little thing that you do that day – whether it be spending time with your friends, running in a cross-country meet or just simply staring at the crashing ocean- that holds the key to discovering the meaning of life.
The Success Principles
In his book The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be. Jack Canfield has collected what he asserts to be 64 essential lessons for attaining goals and creating a successful life.
The book is divided into six sections: The Fundamentals of Success, Transform Yourself for Success, Build Your Success Team, Create Successful Relationships, Success and Money, and Success Starts Now.
These principles include the fundamentals, such as “Take 100% Responsibility for Your Life”, “Decide What You Want”, and “Believe It’s Possible”, as well as those aimed at creating better relationships, such as “Keep Your Agreements”, and “Speak with impeccability,” and “Tell the Truth Faster.”
Canfield also presents ideas that he claims can create success with money, build a successful team, and how to overcome procrastination and get started.
In the traditions of Napoleon Hill, W. Clement Stone, Earl Nightingale and Maxwell Maltz Canfield emphasizes the importance of focusing on a vision and using visualization, i.e. the act of creating compelling and vivid pictures in one’s mind, in order to achieve one’s goals. Canfield cites neuropsychologists who study expectancy theory to support his view on the significance of visualization:
Canfield coauthored Chicken Soup for the Soul with Mark Victor Hansen in 1993. According to USA Today, Chicken Soup for the Soul was the third best-selling book in the United States during the mid-1990s. Canfield later co-authored dozens of additional books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
In January 2015 a 10th anniversary, revised and updated, edition of Jack Canfield’s Success Principles came out. The new edition is meant to reflect changing times and address challenges and opportunities that define our digital age.
The revised edition includes a new section, “Success in the Digital Age,” that explains how to brand oneself with an online persona, use social media in a way that enhances one’s reputation, and how to organize crowdfunding to finance projects.
- Canfield, Jack, and Mark Victor Hansen. 1993. Chicken Soup for the Soul. Deerfield Beach: Health Communications.
- Canfield, Jack, and Janet Switzer. 2005. The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be. New York: Harper Element.
- Canfield, Jack, and Mark Victor Hansen. 1995. The Aladdin Factor. New York: Berkley Book.
- Canfield, Jack, Mark Victor Hansen, and Les Hewitt. 2000. The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty. Deerfield Beach: Health Communications.
- Canfield, Jack, and D.D. Watkins. 2007. Jack Canfield’s Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams. Deerfield Beach: Health Communications.
- Canfield, Jack. 2007. Maximum Confidence: Ten Secrets of Extreme Self-Esteem. Audio CD – Audiobook. New York: Simon & Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant.
Love Peace & Understanding